In 1841 a small church known as the East Branch of the Union Dutch Reformed Church was built in Adamsville, now Delmar. One minister served both churches. When, in 1848, he took a new pastorate, the members of the East Branch petitioned to become an independent church. It became the Second Reformed Dutch Church of Bethlehem until 1912 when the name was changed to the Delmar Reformed Church.
We continue to hold worship services in the same sanctuary originally built in 1841. As the church has grown and changed over the years, there have been facility expantions to match in 1859, 1884, 1927, 1951, and 2000.
Due to the large size of Sunday School it became necessary, beginning in 1990, to hold two Sunday morning services. And in the fall of 1996, a new contemporary service was added on Sunday evenings, this moved to morning in 2005.
During the long life of the church there have been only 12 senior ministers. The second minister served for 38 years and another for 25 years. The Rev. Dr. David Corlett began as our twelfth Senior Minister on December 1, 1999 and retired in June 2015.
The Rev. Rett Zabriskie served as our Interim Pastor.
May 28 we welcome our new pastor, Rev. Chris Vande Bunte.